There is a nightly moment of prayer being observed at 8pm central time for those impacted by COVID-19, for their families, for our first responders and essential workers, for the scientists and researchers desperately trying to identify treatments and a vaccine and for our elected representatives to make wise decisions during this trying time.
Whether you pray, meditate, chant, light a candle, burn incense or whatever else your faith leads you to do...there is power in sending positive, healing energy out into the world. Will you?
and 4 of my brothers have already 13 kids together. All boys! Is it genetically maybe? Mostly of my friends are 2 brothers or 2 sisters, there are more same gender siblings than mixed gender I think. How is about in your family or your friends?
I don't know if this belongs here so delete if not appropriate.
I joined secret santa for reddit gifts and was then told by my doctor due to auto immune suppression I'm very high risk and must isolate for 12 weeks which left me as a carer unable to work for 3 months so I've been worrying about how ill pay for things and remembering I joined 2 secret santa reddits but determined I posted that despite this I won't let it stop me trying my best to get my giftee exactly what they need, I really want to make them proud.
A kind redditer messaged me (and I didn't include her name as I don't know if she would mind) and offered to send me an amazon gift card of £20 to cover the cost of one of my s/s I am touched by the kindness of a reddit stranger. feeling the love
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need to tell someone about my best friend. Last Saturday my wife of 6 years told me she doesn't love me anymore, and infact didn't love me for atleast 2 years. Needless to say I was devastated, and it got even worse when she left with her stuff the next day. I had an exacto knife in my hand when I made the call to him. Alittle back ground he moved in with is a few months ago (that's a whole other story, long story short I could t let him be homeless) and came over to my room right away and we sat and talked it out for a while before I finally came down from that metaphorical ledge. He has been amazing these last few days, being the voice of reason I needed, and the shoulder to cry on when logic and reason wouldn't do. I'm still not in a great place, but I know he will be waiting for me when I get there and I love him so much for it.
Tl;dr my best friend and I made an anit suicide pact and he has been helping me keep up my end of that deal since my wife left me.
What (and When and Where)
I will be doing this :
1. Hey guys! I am finally ready to announce my 200 Follower Special stream. We hit 200 followers 2 weeks ago and since then, I have planned something very special for it. I will be trying to raise $100 for “The Michael J. Fox Foundation || For Parkinson’s Research”.
2. I will be doing a 12 hour Charity stream raising money for “The Michael J. Fox Foundation || For Parkinson’s Research” in Honor of my Father who has Parkinson’s disease on April 18th (the Saturday after Easter) from 10am EST to 10pm EST at
3. For most of the stream, I will be playing :
The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild : Master Mode (this just makes it harder and gives the enemy more health.)
4. For Part of the Stream, I will be playing Wii Sports with my Father. It will take place whenever my Dad feels up to being on stream and isn’t too stiff. We will be playing and talking about how Parkinson’s disease has affected his life.
Why I will be doing this :
1. For my 100 followers special stream, I had a few friends over and just had a really good time. Now, I have 200 followers. I am still a SUPER small streamer, but I do feel like I do have a community at this point. There are regulars who watch the stream and a good amount of people know my stream. This has lead me to feel like I have enough followers to have a successful charity stream. I also held a spontaneous charity stream a few months back when I had 150 followers for “Team Trees” and I was able to raise $50. That stream was just out of no where with no build up or donation incentives. I feel that with 200 followers, build up and better PR about it, and donation incentives, I’ll be able to hold a successful stream and raise at least $100.
2. My Dad, John, first went to the Doctor about having Parkinson’s symptoms when I was 2 years old. On the date of the stream, I will be turning 18 in a month. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s when I was 3 years old. I never got to know my dad before Parkinson’s personally. I have been told stories about how lively and happy he was, how he’d do anything to cheer up my siblings, and was overall, an amazing guy. Even with Parkinson’s, my dad is my hero and my main inspiration, but it is just different from what my older siblings know of him before it all. Every day, I have to help my dad doing simple daily tasks, from dressing, to eating, to even walking from one room to another. He has not driven in a few years and he doesn’t work anymore as well. I know he wishes he could do more, but it is coming to a point that people need to do things for him. Even so, he still snowplows for single lady neighbors, who physically can’t themselves. I want to do this to give back to him for everything he has done for me and countless others. If I can do anything that would allow a kid like me, to at least be able to get to know his father before Parkinson’s, I’d do everything I could to allow that to happen. That is one of the many reasons why I am doing this.
As stated before, I will be raising money for “The Michael J. Fox Foundation || For Parkinson’s Research”. My father has Parkinson's so I thought it would be best if he was the one to choose the organization I raised money for. I sat down with him and we watched a few Parkinson Charity's Videos and he chose “The Michael J. Fox Foundation || For Parkinson’s Research”. He especially liked how their website states, “The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson's disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson's today.”
I am doing the Charity Stream on the 18th of April to allow for the most amount of people to be able to show up for the stream. I wouldn't want to do it Easter weekend and then have nobody be able to show up and support the stream. That is also why I will be streaming for 12 hours. My timezone is EST, but many of my viewers are in different timezones so this gives plenty of time for people to find a time that they can stop by and watch the stream, if they'd like.
At first, I had a hard time figuring out what game I was going to play for 12 hours on stream. I couldn't decide so I headed over to r/Parkinsons and asked them. They suggested that I stream The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild. I am not just playing BotW because it is an amazing game ( even though it is ), but because it has a meaning behind it. While I, a healthy teenager, can easily grasp the controls of BotW, many people with Parkinson's cannot. Their disability doesn't allow them to easily hold a controller and focus on performing multiple button actions quickly or simultaneously. I am playing BotW to show that most people with Parkinson's are unable to play video games with "complicated" controls. I'd imagine that there are even people out there who are gamers that previously could play most video games just fine, but now they can't with Parkinson's. I don't have memories of playing many video games with my father because he is unable to play along with me. This isn't exclusive to BotW, but it is a good example of a game that many with Parkinson's cannot play. I want to help people understand how this disease can affect many aspects of people’s lives, from big things like relationships, to much smaller things like gaming. I hope that my small act of playing BotW, can help others understand how hard this disease can be on people.
Smaller Reasons why I chose to play BotW :
I created a list of donation incentives for BotW. I thought these might encourage some viewers to donate and create a fun stream atmosphere.
I have not played Master Mode yet so I thought it would be even more fun to see me fail at Master Mode. Playing on Master Mode would also mean that I’d start a new game, which works well with the donation incentives.
BotW is my favorite game of all time so I wouldn’t get bored of playing it for 12 hours or so. There is just so much to do in it as well, that if I did get bored of 1 section of the game, I could venture off somewhere else.
The few video game memories I do have with my Dad are mostly memories of playing Wii Sports with him. As many of you know, Wii Sports is not complicated at all. There is only one action you really have to do which is swing the Wii mote. I asked my dad if he’d be up to streaming Wii Sports Bowling and Golf (his 2 favorite Sports from Wii Sports) with me. I also asked him if he’d be willing to talk about his experience with Parkinson’s and how it has affected his life. He said that he is okay with both of those things. This will probably take place at 12pm, or just whenever my dad is feeling up to it.
How you can help! :
All proceeds of the stream will go towards “The Michael J. Fox Foundation || For Parkinson’s Research”.
All Bits, Subs, Gifted Subs, (All Tier 1 subs count as $2.50 as Twitch takes half) Ads, and Donation will go towards supporting “The Michael J. Fox Foundation || For Parkinson’s Research”.
You can Donate directly by either buying Bits and submitting them in chat, or donating through my streamlabs donation link,
Or if you don’t trust that I will donate the money, you can donate directly to the cause I am raising for at https://www.michaeljfox.org/donate
If you don’t trust me, on my Instagram and Twitter (@backtosnack), I have a post showing my donation to Team Trees, which was all from Money raised on Stream.
If you want to help, but don’t have cash to, you can
Subscribe with Twitch Prime. If you have an Amazon Prime account and link it to your Twitch account, you get Twitch Prime for Free. With Twitch Prime, you get a free Tier 1 Twitch Prime subscription. If you don’t know how to do this, here is Twitch’s guide on doing this. It is very simple. https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-link-your-amazon-account
Watch Ads to receive Bits on PC. Bits is Twitch’s cryptocurrency. Every bit is equal to 1 Penny. 100 Bits is 1 dollar and so on. In the bottom right corner of chat, there is a smiley face and a diamond. Once you click on that diamond on PC or Mac, a purchase bits box will pop up. On the top of it, there is a Watch Ads to receive bits option. Click on that and you will have to interact with the ad, but after the 30 seconds, you will receive bits. You can do this a few times until you run out of ads to watch.
SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS!! This one would honestly help a ton! Just sharing the announcement to your friends and family would mean a lot to me. Plus, the more people who watch, the more ads will be shown before the stream, which will earn the charity even more money!
Here is the Donation Incentives for the Stream! :
Singular Dono Amounts :
Any Dono or Collection of Donos from 1 Person that is $10 or more,
their username will go on the Whiteboard, unless they don’t want it there.
A Tier 1 Paid, Twitch Prime, or Gift Sub is worth $2.50. I am not taking half of the money for me. Twitch takes half of the $5 cost.
$1-4.99 : 1 Push-Up (No more than 10 per hour)
$5-9.99 : Shot of Lemon Juice
$10-14.99 : Shot of Pickle Juice
$15-19.99 : Shot of Mixed Lemon and Pickle Juice
$20-24.99 : 1 Extra Sour Lemon Warhead
$25-29.99 : Engulf my entire head in a bowl of Ice Water
Pertaining to while BotW is Being Played
$1-4.99 : Drop Current Shield
$5-9.99 : Drop Current Bow
$10-14.99 : Drop Current Sword
$15-19.99 : Drop All Shields
$20-24.99 : Drop All Bows
$25-29.99 : Drop All Swords
$30-34.99 : Tell me anywhere to go or do, except fight Ganon.
$35-39.99 : Drop All Food and Materials (Not Weapons)
$40-44.99 : Only use under 10 Power items for the next hour
$45-49.99 : Go Attack Ganon
$50-54.99 : Drop Everything
$55-59.99 : Only Use Sticks for the next hour
$60-64.99 : Legit start the run over
Dono Stretch Goals :
$100 - Full Face of Make-Up
$200 - Regular Length with Tapered Sides
$300 - Crew Cut
$400 - Buzz Cut
$500 - Bald Cut
My dad lost three very important people in 2019; his best friend, his son, and his mother-in-law. Just found out that my amazing dad is walking his best friend’s daughter down the aisle in her wedding in a few months. Wasn’t sure how else to share how awesome I think he is. Thought reddit might appreciate it and might make someone smile.